Windaroo State School opened in January 1992 and experienced rapid growth.
Our students are friendly, outgoing, courteous, well behaved and display pride in their school and their uniform.
The school is located just off the Beenleigh-Beaudesert highway in Mount Warren Park. It is in the northern extremity of the Gold Coast City Council section of Queensland's rapidly growing 'South Eastern Corridor'.
Enrolment Management Plan and
school catchment map.
- programs that help children to develop effective social skills
- a range of intervention support programs for students with particular learning needs
- a commitment to the key learning areas with a focus on literacy and numeracy
- Technology and Science
- Athletics and sporting teams
- commitment to Sun Smart hats and 'No hat, no sun play'
- instrumental music programs with tuition in brass, woodwind, percussion and strings
- choirs and talent quests each year
- extension and enrichment opportunities
- Japanese for students in Years 5 and 6
- an ongoing commitment to increased use of computers, iPads and learning technology including interactive whiteboards and LED panels
- BYO iPads in selected classes
- uniform policy school
- air-conditioned classrooms and facilities.
Windaroo State School provides, supports or hosts a range of services to the school and local community.
- Prep classes, which currently stand at 5 full classes. Prep is a full time program for children who turn 5 by June 30 in the year they commence school. Providing a play based curriculum, Prep sets sound educational foundations for our children as they learn.
- Our Inclusive Practices is a part of the school pedagogy and provides support to children to integrate into our classes and provides individual education programs based on their needs.
- The Information Centre (InC) provides access to and lending of a range of books, audio visual, software and other resource materials.
- Before and After School Care which is hosted by the school and provided by the Police Citizens and Youth Club (PCYC) operating each school day in their own purpose built room on the campus. PCYC can be contacted on (07) 3807 1675.
- A large band of voluntary parents who provide classroom support. Programs such as Support-a-talker have made a difference for children.
- An energetic P&C and fundraising committee.
- Training programs for volunteers who would like to help out with more specialised programs.
- A Guidance Officer and staff member works with staff and children.
- Learning support staff provide classroom support for children and teachers.
- Religious education classes are hosted by the school.
- Extension and Enrichment opportunities through participation in competitions and days of excellence.
- Our canteen which supports the 'Smart Choices' healthy eating policy is open each school day. We use the QKR! App for our m/tea and lunch orders.
- Our uniform suppliers are School Locker which operates during retail business hours. It is located near the Logan Hyperdome, in the Harvey Norman Centre on the service road. This is a private company who operates under approval of our P&C.
- A 7.5 hectare campus which provides ample space for facilities and play areas. Particular features include separate senior and junior ovals, three playgrounds for varying age groups and extensive shade areas for play.