Windaroo State School has an enrolment management plan in place and enrolments are based on residential addresses within our catchment area.
How do I know if I am in the catchment area?  Go to the Queensland Government edMap and type in your address.  This will indicate the school you are eligible to attend.

In Catchment Enrolment
Step 1: Check the enrolment catchment map using the above link to find your address.

Step 2: Download and complete the Enrolment Application Form​​​
PLEASE NOTE: the below documents MUST also be submitted with the completed enrolment application form otherwise, the enrolment process cannot proceed.
  • completed Voluntary Contribution form
  • student's birth certificate or extract (Original MUST be sighted)
  • visa and passport documentation if the student is not an Australian citizen
  • report card from previous school (Prep  – Year 6 students only)
  • transition statement (Pre-Prep students only)
  • other relevant documents e.g. medical documents, speech therapy reports
  • Proof of Residency
    • one primary source – a current rental agreement, rates notice or contract of sale
    • one secondary source – a utility bill e.g. electricity, gas (showing the same address and parent’s/guardian’s legal name)
If any of these documents are not provided then a properly sworn Statutory Declaration signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP) from the enrolling parent or legal guardian attesting that the student's principle place of residence is the place nominated in the enrolment application will be required. The Principal may request additional paperwork to confirm the place of residence in order to be confident that the student resides within the catchment area at the time the enrolment application is lodged..  Applicants should note that a false statement/assertion about the student's principle place of residence may amount to an offence and may be reported to police. The Principal may repeal a decision to enrol a student in such circumstances.

Step 3: Provide completed documentation to school office or via email to

Step 4: Enrolment interview. At the enrolment interview, we will:
  • discuss the details on the enrolment application
  • discuss and organise uniforms and uniform expectations
  • discuss and organise stationery, books and readiness for learning
  • discuss and organise fee payments
  • complete an enrolment agreement.
Out of Catchment Enrolment
You can express an interest for your child/ren to attend the school by downloading and completing the expression of interest application form and returning it to the school office or via email to​
Applications are processed and assessed in the order they are received and are only valid for the year you are applying for.
Our ability to accept students who live outside our catchment area depends on whether we:
  • have capacity once all in catchment enrolments are met
  • allow for students relocating into the catchment area during the year
  • ensure out of catchment enrolments do not reduce our capacity to meet in catchment enrolments.

C&K Kindergartens and Day Care Centres
Kindergarten or Day Care Centres will be able to provide a Transition Statement at the end of the year.  Schools find this information very useful in understanding and supporting your child in their first year of schooling.  Transition Statements can be emailed to:

Last reviewed 05 November 2021
Last updated 05 November 2021